Africa investment advisor at Alpha Sierra
I’m a lawyer-turned-consultant who has enjoyed helping investors, companies and entrepreneurs succeed in Africa for over ten years. Whether you’re a global player entering the region for the first time or homegrown and looking to expand, get in touch for tailored research and advice on business development, market entry strategy, risk management and due diligence.
My experience extends to 15+ African countries and I’ve advised on multi-million-dollar deals for FTSE 100 companies, investment houses and magic circle law firms as well as targeted interventions for NGOs, development agencies and startups.
I also write and speak about doing business across different sectors in Africa’s diverse and varied markets. Here’s some of my recent stuff:
• “The Future of Technology in Africa” (KPMG, October 2017)
• “Transparency in oil & gas” (Association of International Petroleum Negotiators, London, Jul 2017)
• “Company secrecy and beneficial ownership” (Open Government Partnership, Slovakia, Aug 2017)
• “Financing Infrastructure Projects in Africa” (Business Council for Africa, 2016)
• “Due diligence in Africa Tech investment” (London Tech Week, ATBN, 2016)
• Trends in Risk & Compliance in Africa” (Risk & Compliance Congress, Amsterdam, 2015)
• “Finding a local partner” (German-African Business Foundation, Munich, 2015)
• “Gap between policy and practice” (Global Anti-corruption Mining Summit London, 2015 )
• “Oil and gas in East Africa” (3rd Oilfield Services Law Conference, Houston, 2013)